According to website JobRated.com: Sociology ranked 8th in the best ten jobs in USA. What charm of Sociology is? Peter Berger – the famous sociologist of 20th century: “The charm of Sociology is the way to explain the problems which make us see the world we have lived under a new light. We can say the first erudition of Sociology is – everything is not as they seem to be”.
American Sociological Association: “Being formal training of Sociology can be the important asset to enter in many kinds of jobs.
Curriculum of Sociology assessment meeting
- Formation and development:
Sociology Department was found at the same time with School of Social Sciences and Humanities in 2009 on the ground separated from School of Education and Learning Resource Center.
In the provision of training, Department concentrated on 3 fields: theory, methodology and experiment. Although teaching staff was a few, Department would link with research and training Sociology facilities to make the most of knowledge, experience of many experts in this field.
Department completed curriculum of Sociology assessment and opened in 2015.
4. Scientific research and International collaboration:
From establishment till now, Department has been active in scientific research and International collaboration activities. Department has done many projects, scientific research subjects at School levels, Provincial levels and research projects collaborated with foreign partners.
ALEGAMS 2015 Project:Assessing the Learning Effects of Games on Attitude of Stakeholders towards Sustainable Shrimp Farming in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam
IOM 2015 Project: Household survey on planned relocation as adaptation to environmental and climate change in Viet Nam’s Mekong Delta.
Welcoming Malaysian delegation
Welcoming Thailand delegation
FIELD OF STUDY
- Code: 52.31.03.01
- Training form: Full-time
- Training goal
Bachelors of Sociology will have professional ability, political quality, patriotic feeling, job’s love; power to self-discipline, professional ethics with an active and creative process of thinking; sense of responsibility, civilized style, discipline consciousness, physical training to work well; professional ability to contribute to train the local human resources, Mekong Delta region and the whole country.
Bachelors of Sociology need to have moral qualities and professional abilities below:
- Understanding and using the Sociology theory, Sociology research method in get wise to relationship between individual and extensive society, explain the social develop rules, point out elements which affect the intellection and behavior of individual or groups of society, realize social problems to find out, research, check into solve the problems.
- Having ability to combine Sociology knowledge, self-study, self-research to master specialized knowledge, interdisciplinary, related-major as well as other scientific achievements.
- Being improved foreign languages, communication skills and use documents in foreign languages.
- Having skill of qualitative and quantitative information processing to describe and analyze social phenomenon.
- Being practiced soft skills such as: management skills, group activities, social communication, consult and deal with conflict.
- Understanding and practicing qualitative and quantitative research. Selecting appropriate research method for objective of subject.
- Using knowledge Sociology theory and Sociology research method in research, analyze reality, practice the jobs as Sociology investigation, observe, advance life quality, ensure social security and protect natural resources and environment.
- Knowing report-writing skills.
- Having power to self-discipline and doing works with an active and creative process of thinking.
- Having discipline consciousness, physical training to do works well.
- Having professional ethics; sense of community service, honest, homely, active, passion and responsible for works.
- Work positions and study occasions
Graduating from Sociology, students can work in positions below:
- Research specialists: work at non-governmental organizations, institutions, scientific research centers, branches of central government, province, city, social organizations and governmental organizations.
- Researchers: at universities, colleges, professional secondary education, associations (union, women, youth, etc.)
- Consultants: for many organizations in economy, society, factories, enterprises, hospitals… belong to many different economic components in society, etc.
- Cadres involved in management, social work: in offices, organizations and unions.
- Social knowledge also supports for bachelor complete the task well although they enable in different field in social life.
- Students graduating from Sociology will be able to attend postgraduate training courses: masters, doctors if they have all the condition as required.
Department of Sociology